Saturday, September 5, 2020

Winter warrior and the Samurai

Got two new pictures. This first one is a winter sol... Nope. Not Barnes. A winter warrior/demon. Yes, something like that. I'm insanely proud of this pic. I made it with mostly water-based markers. And I abused the hell out of that paper. It definitely isn't meant for such heavy blending and layering of something water-based. The hardest part was mixing a lip color that wouldn't be too feminine. I don't think I had the best colors for that. But! I managed. I managed to not make a female out of it. So yeah, super happy about it. Kekekeke! Apart from water-based markers I also used some acrylic paint. Mostly white for highlights and then blues and some white for the background and after, I used white again to make the snow? effect. I'm still not sure it's snow. It wasn't supposed to be snow. But meh. Let it be snow if it wants to be snow. Who am I to tell it what it can or cannot be, right?
So yeah, insanely proud of it and I hope you like it too. I found inspiration for it on Pinterest. I think I also had an art-related youtube video playing while I was drawing it. So, yeah. Inspiration galore. Tell me what you think.

This next pic is a Samurai. Again, inspired by Pinterest. But a lot more loosely. Originally, his left (from his perspective) hand was supposed to be visible, but I, stupidly, drew in permanent medium and did the hakama/kimono/whatever you call it first and well, you can't do it on top of it. I would have had to glue a piece of paper over it or something and well, I didn't have a paper with the same slightly yellow tint to it, so I decided to alter the anatomy and simply move the hand out of the frame, so to speak. His other hand has a single finger visible on the hilt of the katana. Simply because it was supposed to be there but it simply wouldn't fit. I misjudged the size I was drawing at. So yeah. Total miscalculation on my part.
The pic is done in water-based markers again with colored pencils having been used on the skin. I did this with my 'other' water-based markers and those don't have many skin tones. Also, I used and abused the hell out of my pale-blue Tombow alcohol-based marker. But only because I forgot I actually have a pale-blue water-based marker... Silly me. And now I have two as I bought a second one today, thinking I didn't have one. And, apparently, Czech Republic now has POSCA pens. I saw 'em in the local art supply store and had to buy the white one. I'm gonna use it for highlights instead of always busting out my acrylic white. It's a 0,7 tip and I think it will be perfect for the highlights. Can't wait to use it!

~AnnElfwind

Written on the 11th of August, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment