Wednesday, September 2, 2020

An Antique Vase

More pictures. Well, one. I was watching a tutorial by Chen on YouTube and well... Decided that the object he was drawing was interesting. It was a vase. And I'm like... Hey, when it's done in pencil, it might look cool! So I started following along. He was doing the demonstration in charcoal, but I decided to use just your regular pencil. So I'm drawing, and then I'm done with the vase itself. All nice and shaded with highlights and I think... What if it was lying on some grass... And so I draw grass. Well, at first I was just gonna do some shadow to indicate a surface but then the grass idea came. 
And so I drew blades of grass. I just turned my pencil flat to the surface and did some hard flicks and strokes upwards to indicate the grass. Nothing too fancy but then I had the brilliant idea of using an eraser. Because! the grass was practically invisible on the vase itself. And I wanted to have some of the blades in front of it. So I did some flicks with my kneaded eraser but it wasn't bright enough. So I took a regular eraser and did some harsh flicks with an edge of it. And lo and behold! Grass! It looks so good! I have the original nest to me as I'm writing this. Well, I had, I just closed it like ten seconds ago. But I kept looking at it! I couldn't help myself! I just had to look at it! 
Please tell me what you think of the picture. I would like to know your opinions. So leave a comment? Please? 

~AnnElfwind

Written on the 30th of June, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment