Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Reflection

So, while watching a tutorial on youtube by Yong Chen, I decided to draw something. Not knowing what, and not wanting to draw what he was doing in the tutorial, I went back to my trusty random word generator and got the word reflection. I went with it. Googled it and then picked a picture. Though I do need to remember to fucking switch to searching through Pinterest rather than a simple google pic search. Pinterest is better for this. Still, I settled on a pic and hopped to it. It's done in charcoal and while I didn't do much in case of details, I think that the finished product is not too bad. Especially if you don't view it full-sized. So yeah. I did no measuring, no guidelines. I just went in with that charcoal pencil and hoped for the best. As always. I almost never measure when drawing. Or, maybe even never... No. That's not quite right. I measured once. Maybe even twice. But I don't really like it. It's why I only do it on very rare occasions. And as for details. When you're using an A5 sized paper and charcoal pencil, it's really hard to do details. Yes, I am aware it sounds like an excuse, but the truth is, I didn't want to add too many details. The main stuff is there and that's enough for me. Deal with it. Still, I would like to know what you think about this. So let me know in the comments. See ya. 
~AnnElfwind 
Written on the 2nd of June, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment