Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Needed feature

So! Blogger just told me that this new version of the interface will soon be permanent. I'm still iffy about it. It still seems to lack the feature I want! The 'text next to pic' thing. I want that so badly! It's the one singular reason I'm still using the old blogger. Well, was using the old blogger. Starting with this post, I'm officially using the new one. So far, I'm not too happy with it. We'll see how they improve it. Hopefully, they will. I don't want to migrate my blog again. That would not be optimal. Apart from the new interface missing my favorite feature, I like blogger. And even if it means learning the bloody HTML, I will stay here. 
Okay, so I went back to the old blogger and got an image to the spot I wanted it. Then I deleted all text from the post, went into HTML, copied the HTML into the normal editor, and saved it as a draft. And from there, compared that HTML with the HTML of an image in the new post editor. And well, there was a part of it missing. So I went, changed one line, and voila, the image is exactly where I want it. Yes, it takes a bit more time this way, but it's doable. Still, I hope that the old image positioning will be brought back and added to the new editor as well. 
~AnnElfwind
Written on the 27th of May, 2020

P.S. By the time this gets published, it will be somewhat redundant. I'm writing the P.S. on the 30th of June, 2020 and the feature is back, though slightly altered. You can't drag the picture, but you can click alignment under the picture after you click the picture. Just make sure you place the picture to the spot you want it. I'll have to experiment with this more, but it should make my life easier. At least, I hope it will. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment