Monday, July 13, 2020

Must have Skyrim Mods

Or at least a list of mods that I can't live without. Well, I could probably live without them, but at this point, playing Skyrim without them would just be weird. 


A mod that is essential if you want to really get into enchanting. Whenever you mine ore, you also have a chance to mine soul gems. You can even mine Grand and Black soul gems. And I'm big on enchanting so I think this is a really great mod if you want to enchant your equipment. 


Another mod that goes into the enchanting category. This one is pretty self-explanatory. Basically, Soul siphon ability works with people as well as beings. So you can recharge your favorite weapon by killing the closest bandit instead of hunting animals. That is if you don't have any soul gems to recharge it the normal way.


This one is also great. I love the cooking aspect of Skyrim. And this gives a variety of ingredients. Also, it increases drops from animals. So it makes hunting worth it. At the same time, be prepared to be overloaded because if you don't either store your animal drops or use them often, they weigh a lot. And I mean A LOT. Still, a great mod for the time when the main quests are done and over with and you just want to explore the dungeons you didn't before. 


One of the many I have in my Skyrim. Lets you smelt practically anything back to raw materials. There are many variations of this mod and I recommend you pick more than one if you really want the full experience.


Doesn't it annoy you when a Draugr shouts at you and forces you to drop your favorite weapon only to have another Draugr shout it to who knows where? Well, this little mod solves the problem by making the Draugr unable to disarm you. It replaces the shout with another. I think it is replaced with Fo Krah Diin. But I could be lying. So go click the mod and read it for yourself, kay? But at least you won't get disarmed again, right? 


I wouldn't call this mod a necessity but still. It's Yamato and I'm sure if there are any DMC lovers that play Skyrim that they would jump at the chance to add Yamato to their game. Honestly, you can more than likely do without this mod but the sword just looks soooooo cool! So add it if you like Vergil. Or if you want to create a believable Vergil to play as. I'm telling myself that I would do so, but I still haven't done it.  


Honestly, I've been using this mod for ages and I'm still not sure if it works... It probably does, but still, it's not something you will see unless you really track it. But, in essence, it should make dungeons respawn faster. The normal rate, if I remember correctly, is 30 in-game days. This should reduce it to three. Or something like that. Like I said, I'm still doubting this mod, but just to be safe, I won't uninstall it.


I'm going to outright say it. This mod equals cheating. It lets you craft anything anywhere (So long as you have the ingredients). It comes with infinite storage that you can carry in your pocket so to speak. The only thing that this doesn't have, is a portable cooking pot. This mod won't let you cook, but it will let you craft, enchant, smelt or even brew potions on the go. I have it, but I've stopped using it as much as I did. Like, I would sometimes use it for enchanting on the go because enchanters are few and far between and I don't like trekking all the way to who knows where just to enchant a bunch of bows and then trek back to where I was. Which is, usually, in the middle of fucking nowhere.


This is great if you don't want to wear a helmet. Because with this mod, whenever there is a perk that depends on wearing a specific set of armor, it works even if you don't wear the helmet or probably even if you wear a different helmet or a circlet. I think this is great. We can finally show off our hairstyles. Right? 


An absolute must-have. Even if you still have to have a pickaxe in your inventory, this mod lets you mine instantly and without having to equip said pickaxe. You get the exact same things you would before, just without having to repeatedly hit the mining spot. Also, it lets you mine even if there are enemies around you. Combine this with Soul Gem mining and it will be epic. 


Another "cheating" mod. This turns many items into zero-weight items. Mostly ingredients and junk as well as arrows. Also, books, if I remember correctly. Yes, it seems like cheating, but at the same time, do you really wanna lug around that ton of ore? This way, you can and you won't even feel it. So if you don't mind breaking immersion, this mod is great. 


Great mod. Simply because it adds armor rating to circlets. And makes them in HD. I love these circlets. They are great to wear instead of helmets. This way, you get the armor you want and it looks cool! Combined with helmetless perks, it lets you reap all the benefits and look great!


Something that should have been part of Vanilla Skyrim. Lets you wear two rings at the same time. The same way it was in Oblivion. Yes, there was no distinction between left and right there, but you could wear two. And this carries it over to Skyrim. Now you can add more enchantments to your character, you're welcome.


Again, something that should have been part of Vanilla Skyrim. Like with the rings, in Oblivion, you could auto-pick locks. In Skyrim, you can too, but you have to learn a specific perk first. With this mod, you can auto-pick locks from the start and it will consume the appropriate number of picks, depending on your skill level and the lock's difficulty. 


Are you tired of not being able to see in some of the caves? Well, this mod solves it by, again, carrying something over from Skyrim. The Light enchantment. And it comes in several colors. General store merchants sell them and you have to learn each color enchantment separately. Or, you can steal them from Lucan in Riverwood. An example of each is hiding in a small chest below the counter. And now you can see even in the darkest of caves. I recommend the white light variant, but they all work. 


Another in the enchanting series. If you can't tell, I'm really into enchanting. This one only lets souls enter appropriate sized soul gems. So those pesky petty souls will no longer occupy your grand soul gems. It doesn't work on Azura's star, but it does work on the Black Star, only letting human souls enter it. I think this mod is great. And it's kinda necessary if you also want to use a mod to auto-recharge your weapons. As that one only works with soul gems that have the correct sized soul in them. 


I love using this mod. And it's extensions that add circlets and clothing to this. With this mod, your equipment will degrade over time and lose temper levels. And if it is not tempered, it can have a chance of breaking. I love using this simply because it's an easy way to get rid of equipment you don't want without having to hunt merchants to sell it to and still getting some use out of it. You can set how big the chance of breaking is as well as the rate at which the equipment degrades. Or, if you're running low on equips, you can temporarily turn it off. It has a mod menu you can play with. It's well organized and easy to understand. Just, if you use it, hunt down the other two mods as well. I would link them, but I can't find them right now. 


And this is really the mod you should start with. It makes mucking about in your inventory so much easier!!! And I wish something like this existed for Oblivion as well. So, try this out and I guarantee you won't want to play without it! It makes everything look so neat and organized. Just, go and download it. 

I'm pretty sure that if I went through my mods directly in Skyrim, I'd find more that I think are great and everybody should try them, but this is from my subscriptions on Steam as well as my download history from Nexus. Still, I think this is plenty and once you start looking at mods, trust me, it will be hard to make yourself stop. I know I also have a mod that automatically recharges your weapons, I mentioned it in my description of Acquisitive Soul Gems, but finding the link to it proved to be a challenge. So maybe you'll have better luck than I am having. 

Or, you know, I just found it... An extra search proved to be all I needed.


Like it says, it recharges your equipped weapon for you. If you have the appropriate soul gems, that is. You can select what size soul gems will be used to recharge your weapons as well as the threshold the charge has to drop to in order to be recharged. The mod doesn't work with Azura's star or Black Star or any other modded soul gems, but you can do it as I do and use those to enchant and everything else to recharge. Well, I also use black soul gems for enchanting, but everything else goes into recharging. 

And I promise this is the last mod I'm going to mention. I just couldn't finish this post without it as it closely ties into the four mods for enchanting and in order for it to work really flawlessly, you need all four of them. 

Hope this helps some of you and if it does, go and thank those people who worked hard to create these mods. All my mods are from either steam or nexus, but I'm sure you can also find mods elsewhere. So, a long post, but something I really wanted to write. Hopefully, you enjoyed it and maybe even found some mods to your liking. 
I have many more in my Skyrim game of course, but a lot of those are either a variation of the ones I mentioned or armor and weapons. I also have many-a-mod adding new dungeons and quests. Or even areas. One that you might know, is Falskaar. Not bad, but at the same time, you play it once and you're done. I mean, great idea, but at the same time, the whole of Falskaar is a little empty. At least it seems like that to me. Thankfully, I fixed that somewhat with Random Encounters, but still. I prefer the main Skyrim area, to be honest. 

And if you think I should have added some graphic enhancing mods... Well, those are and never were my priority. I do use one that makes the water clearer as well as one that makes males prettier. Though to be honest, by some accident, they are now nude when I strip them of their armor... I'm not gonna try to fix that though. It simply means that my Skyrim is now 18+. And since I'm way past that, I don't see it as a problem. But I needed to use that mod so that I could add some other mods. Hair mods. I have a ton of those too. They are great! Hair and hair color mods. 

See ya!

~AnnElfwind

Written on the 13th of July, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment