Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Endless Summer

So, two days ago, I finally finished the visual novel Endless Summer. I'm sure some of you know it. I've known almost from the beginning that there are several possible endings. So I'm like: "Okay, let's get the best possible ending." Only! THERE IS NO FUCKING GOOD ENDING! Either you agree to rewrite history and no one remembers you, you defeat the villain and you and your friends are trapped in an endless summer on the island while the rest of the world lies in ruin or you give yourself up to Vaanu and save everyone but you're gone. And while staying on the island may seem like a good ending, it's really not. Not when you start thinking about it. The "give yourself back to Vaanu" is considered the true ending but it's still way too sad. Honestly, the first thing I did after finishing the book, was to go on AO3 and look up some fix-it fics that feature M!Taylor (Tyler in my playthrough) and Jake pairing. As that's what I went for. And let me tell you, there may be a fair amount of fics with the pairing, but if you're looking for fix-it, not that many. I found one good one. That even fit in with the canon timeline. I found one more but that one was a little weird and didn't really flow all that well so I stopped reading that one. So, while it was really good, I'm still very much pissed off by the ending. So yeah, I'm still in "hate-mode". See ya.
~AnnElfwind
Written on 27th of May, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment