Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Deadpool 2 [2018]

So, yesterday. I was reading a fanfic. The name is Point of No Return and you can find it on AO3. That is not the point. I was also looking for something to watch and well, the story featured Deadpool. And I'm like... Maybe I should watch Deadpool 2. I've been postponing that for so long. I'm not saying that Deadpool 1 was bad, it is just that Deadpool is not my favorite superhero. I have nothing against him, but I'm not as invested in him as I'm in some of the other major MCU characters. But, I was running low on things to watch so Deadpool 2 it was. Mostly because he was really funny in the fanfic. So yeah, I went to watch that. And again, Deadpool has a tendency to first show the middle of the story. Well, not the middle, but about a fourth in. Also, the guy keeps breaking the fourth wall. I guess that's just him, but well, I think it wouldn't be as funny if it was any other character. I'm still not sure if I really liked the movie or not. It was definitely watchable. But that's really all I can say for certain at this point. Though I did enjoy the credits scenes. What I didn't like was the kid - Russel or whatever his name is. I don't know... I just really didn't like him. From the beginning. I liked Cable better than him. And he started out as the bad guy. At least I'm pretty sure we all agree that Juggernaught was not likable at all. And if there is anyone out there who liked him, well, you're weird. And I don't wanna talk to you. 
I honestly don't know what else to write about the movie without giving out spoilers. Fuck, writing a book review is simpler. Maybe because I have no problem with giving a summary of the book. But with movies, well, not that simple. Also, a movie storyline is usually shorter than a book.
This movie is definitely for those who like dirty jokes and comedies with a bit (a lot) of violence. Whatever, screw the no spoiler thingy. So! Deadpool kills a lot of people, his girl gets killed, he goes to mope to the X-men, then Russel enters the scene, they get sent to prison, Deadpool breaks out when Cable attacks it, prisoners get transported somewhere else, Deadpool forms a team and highjacks the transport, Russel leaves with Juggy, Deadpool, and co. go stop him before he kills the head of the orphanage after they join forces with Cable. Fight, Deadpool dies, Cable rewinds time, saves him, everyone is happy. Then cue the credits scenes.
And I suck at this. Maybe because while I did watch the movie, I didn't enjoy it as much as I wanted to. Like, certain scenes were really funny, but still... I think I need to go and watch Advent Children again. And yes, I'm on a Sephiroth kick. Sue me. Deadpool has nothing on Sephy. Still, I'm also on Marvel kick and well, this was something I had yet to watch so I did. Next on my list is the Daredevil Netflix show. Already about four episodes in. And it already looks better than Deadpool. Sorry Deadpool, you're not up to par. 
~AnnElfwind
Written on the 8th of May, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment