Wednesday, June 3, 2020

A flower for an elf

So, two new pics. Seems like I'm only posting pics... Well, I'll see if I can come up with something else soon. But for now, you'll have to deal. So, this first one is of a flower, well, a bunch of flowers. I had this old sketch that had some green on it in the shape of a stem and some leaves so I decided to do something about it. And took my markers and looked up some pink-ish flowers. Because pink was the first marker I grabbed. And there were these, lilies I think they are called. I think it is a species of lilies. And if not, they are now. And while they were arranged differently in the picture, I decided I would take them and reuse them for my pic. So, this is the result. The background is just a wash of watercolor with a bit of a blue marker at the bottom. The rest is done in markers and the highlights are done in white acrylic paint marker. I'm not really happy with the stem, but the flowers are really good. I like how they turned out. What do you think?

Second one. This one is made with a reference from Pinterest. Only, the reference was male. So how the heck did this turn into a bloody female?! I don't even know. I think it's the mouth. Probably. I would have erased it and redone it, but I did this in markers. Alcohol markers. Tombow markers to be exact. And well, you can't really erase those. So a she-elf it is. Still not happy about that. But nothing I can do about it. I did not pre-sketch this with a pencil. I just took my three Tombow markers, the only three I own, and went right in. I have a black one, dark gray and a really light gray. So I decided to try them out. Finally. I mean, I swatched them when I got them, but that was about it. And now, I have a finished piece done with them. And apart from the gender of this elf going haywire, I really liked working with them. Guess I should get more of them. Well, we'll see when the store opened. Here, where I live, I know only about one single store that sells them and I'm not sure it's already open what with the COVID virus... Bloody thing... Ruining everything. Well, anyway, hope you like the drawing and I'll see you later. Bye. 
~AnnElfwind
Written on the 8th of May, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment