Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Picture Vomit


Yeah, I'm not taking the post name back. Nu-uh! I like it. Because that is precisely what this is. And this first one is a fish. Don't even remember why it is a fish. But I like it. It's simple yet looks kinda good. Excuse the pencil on the side, there was another drawing beside it and the fish would be cropped if I cut it off. So I left it. I'm thinking I could have done more with the weeds and corals, but I just wanted a bit of a different color there and the main focus be the fish, so it is what it is. I still like it. What do you think?


This one is an elf. A purple elf. Imagine the elves from Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne. If there's even anyone who still remembers that game. What with the hubbub of World of Warcraft. Which I never played. Still, this is Warcraft inspired elf and I like how it turned out. I tried for the background to look like some trees or something. Not sure I succeeded but it looks interesting. Maybe a bit like bamboo shoots. Heh, a Warcraft elf in Japan. Why not. Oh, and if it looks weird in some places, well, the paper was torn and stained with glue. But I still wanted to put something on it so here it is. Hope you like it. 

And here I was trying to see if I can draw a room from the inside. So I did a bit of perspective drawing. Two-point perspective to be exact. And let me tell you, the doorway and the hallway out there was a pain in the ass! I do like the rest of it, however, even if I threw the perspective out of the window when I was done with the basic layout of the room. I don't do well with rulers and stuff like that. I'm the person who doesn't measure at all, I always wing it. And it either looks good or not. And if not, I either redo it or leave it as is or scrap it and throw it away. So, basically, if we forget about the doorway, I like how it turned out. What do you think? 

Now this one is interesting. I went to this page and got this prompt: Theme: where the shadow falls the deepest. It should contain an enchanted ring or a roaring fireplace. So, I'm thinking. What about the one ring? I mean, that's the most enchanted ring of all the enchanted rings... Though maybe the Gaunt ring would be a close second? Don't know. But yes, I thought of the One Ring first. And then I remembered that one scene where Bilbo drops it on the floor of Bag's End. And I'm like, hey, I can do that! So I took the scene and did this. The ring dropping to the floor. With some dramatic lighting. And voila, this is the end result. Done with water-based markers that practically destroyed the paper in certain places. And with an acrylic paint pen to do the highlights. But I do like how it turned out. And yes, the "runes" are just squiggles. I did not bother with references so this is the end result. Do you like it? Took about 20 minutes? Maybe a bit less than that. Don't know. 

Last one. This one is a sketch of lips done while watching a tutorial on youtube by Young Chen or whatever his name is. I like his tutorials. He explains things really well. When he's not prattling about the need to measure everything. I don't like to measure. I'm the type of person who eyeballs it. This is done in pencil and with the help of my kneaded eraser. Not bad, even though I stopped following the tutorial about two thirds in and started to do my own thing. Like, I still listened to it, but not really done the steps he did. Also, he was doing it in charcoal and I didn't want to get messy, again. So I did it, like I said, in pencil. I don't have anything against charcoal, but I have to be in the mood for it. And at that point, I wasn't.  

No comments:

Post a Comment