Wednesday, May 20, 2020

A fairy mischief maker

So, a fairy. Done in pencil even though I took out my markers. So why the heck did I take them out? Waste of time, that. But back to the fairy. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Hell, even the hands are decent and I have to confess that I have a big problem drawing those. Especially without references. But this time, it kinda worked. This is done in pencil and on slightly toned paper. Like, this off-white kind that doesn't really qualify as toned but isn't really just plain white either. So I could have gone back in with a white pen or something and made the highlight really pop, but I didn't. Guess it didn't occur to me until now. And I'm not going back anymore.
So, am I happy with this? Yes, I am. Could it be even better? Yes, it could, if I thought of it before I sealed it and started writing this post. So whatever, maybe next time. But please tell me what you think. And you don't need to mention the hands. I know they are not perfect, but by my standards, they are pretty decent so I'm happy with them, though I will, of course, try to do even better next time. See ya!
~AnnElfwind

Written on the 26th of April, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment