Sunday, March 1, 2020

A bunch of Lighthouses

This first one is done with paint. At first, I was trying to do it the correct way for watercolors - layer, layer, and layer, but then I said: "fuck it" and went in with some more concentrated colors nad been done with it. At the very end, I added the line art and the crows. It is, in the end, just a quick sketch inspired by a Pinterest post, but I do like how it turned out. And maybe I should just re-type what I wrote next to in on the other page. As I, lately, am prone to do.  

Second lighthouse. This one done on a small format page. Like, a quarter of an A4 paper. And a really thin one at that. I did an initial sketch with a red pen. One that is not erasable. And then I was going in with paint. Lately, I've been using a lot of paint. And I have to say, I really like how the cliffs turned out. The lighthouse itself could use a lot more work, but hey. I was worried I would tear through the paper, it really was thin. All in all, the cliffs are better than the lighthouse itself, but not too bad in general. Especially for such a crappy paper and a quick sketch.

Last one. This one is done on an A4 paper. Again, thin paper, but layered with acrylic primer. Don't know why I then used markers of all things, but hey, it worked. Frankly, in real life, it looks way cooler, but even the photo is not too bad. Though it is probably not visible much, there are white dots of paint all over it to give it a bit of a magical feel. Out of the three lighthouses, I like this one the best. I also spent the most time on this. So no wonder I like it. Like, I still didn't spend too much time, but out of the three, this one took longest. So what do you think? 

~AnnElfwind

No comments:

Post a Comment