Saturday, May 6, 2017

Almost Human [2013-2014]

I had two reasons to start watching this show. One, it stars Karl Urban. Two, there are a lot of fanfictions and when I browse AO3 based on tags, I have to sift through a lot of them and since I wasn't in the fandom yet, it was annoying. Now, I'm probably gonna start reading these. Especially if there's slash. Hopefully, there will be the good pairings. 
At the moment, I've been through a little more than 10 episodes. Very good! So good that I am actually really paying attention to it. Instead of my usual way of watching stuff that has English audio - basically just listening while doing something else on another tab. Or listening while playing Dungeon Hunter 4. 
Well, something about the show, it takes place in the future, but not too distant. Cops are paired with androids. And since so far, all the cop androids are male, I'm gonna call them mandroid. Yes, it's probably a horrible word to use, but hey, I've always wanted to use it in some context. So, the main character, played by Karl Urban, is, after some botched operation that left him with synthetic leg, paired with the usual droid model. The MX. But they are too emotionless, too robotic. And he kicks it out of his car while driving. Then he gets paired with the DRN model. At least I think that's how you spell it. He calls this one Dorian. And then they go and solve a multitude of cases. All the while the MC - his name is John - is trying to find information on this syndicate that is somehow connected to his ex-girlfriend. The syndicate is responsible for John losing his leg and having to have a synthetic. 
I couldn't spoil the ending even if I wanted to, seeing as I haven't finished watching it. But it's really good so far and if you're into futuristic cop dramas or like Karl Urban, I do recommend it. And even if you're not, maybe you'll like it if you give it a try. 
But I'm not forcing anybody. So make your own mind. 
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment