Saturday, July 2, 2022

Fantastic Beasts 3 - The Secrets of Dumbledore [2022]

So, I saw the movie over Easter. Went together with my mom, cousin, and my cousin's daughter. And even though it was with Czech dubbing, it was great. I really enjoyed it. Though the first thing out of my mouth as we were leaving, was that now I will have to rewatch it in English (without subs). Mostly because I believe that there is a chance that some things may be lost in the translation. And considering that I am really into all the related conspiracy and other theories, I just need to see it with the original audio. So that is something to look forward to. 

The movie did answer some questions that people (me including) had. It definitely stated that Ariana really WAS an obscurial and that Credence's father is Aberforth Dumbledore. Though there are still some unanswered questions. Mainly about what the heck is McGonagall doing there when she is not even supposed to be born yet. She started school after Riddle left. I checked the facts. Even though some fanfics put her in first year when Riddle was in his last. Still, Considering the movies take place around Riddle's birth, it still doesn't fit. So the only plausible explanation I have so far is this McGonagall time-traveling theory I saw on youtube. However, I don't think there will actually be an explanation for this one. I think they just forgot she is not as old as Dubmles and now don't know how to fix it so they are ignoring it. But who knows, maybe they will surprise us in one of the following movies…

One way or another, it does not take away from the movie's epicness. 

The other huge unanswered question is about Credence's mother's identity. I have already seen one theory that proclaimed his mother as the descendant of Salazar Slytherin and therefore the Gaunt family. 

And I think it was this same theory that talked about the wand Jacob got and that it might possibly be the wand of Salazar Slytherin himself and that it has been put in some sort of an off state and that Credence would wield it and wake it up. I am not disputing it, but at this point, I think we just do not have enough information for it to be anything more than JUST a theory. But it definitely would be interesting. 

Oh, and let us not forget the biggest thing - the change in actors for Grindelwald. At first, I was really against this but when I saw Mikkelsen's performance in the role, I take it back. Even though I like Depp and think he is a great actor, Mikkelsen just fits Grindelwald better. Honestly, I was blown away by his performance. He just LOOKED more Grindelwald than Depp ever did. So classy! He portrays this sleek classy villain while Depp's Grindelwald was geared more toward the mad side. Not to say it was bad, it wasn't. But Mikkelsen is simply better in this role. 

AND!!! I absolutely love the Qilin!!! Though I had to look up the spelling of it. It is so cute! I want to adopt it. Can I adopt it? No? *pout*

So! If you have not seen it yet, I suggest you do. It is epic and I cannot wait for the next one. Though before that happens, I have some other movies lined up and am just waiting for them to be released. Like the new Doctor Strange and the third installment in the Jurassic World series. And my cousin and her daughter absolutely will go and see the upcoming Elvis movie. I won't. I do not mind Elvis, but am not a huge fan. I honestly prefer someone like Johnny Cash. Heh, have not seen THAT move either. I just do not like biographical movies. 

So I guess that's it. See you in the next post. :)

~AnnElfwind

Written on the 26th of April, 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment