Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Paul Teague: The Grid Trilogy


I have read this before. And now I am reading it again. Because it is really good and the only downside to this is that it does not have an audiobook version. I have looked everywhere but it simply does not exist. Too bad. So I am reading it while traveling to and from work. It is slow going but I just really love the books. It is dystopian/utopian and that is just the genre I love. It also has a version of virtual reality projection and that is another thing I love. I love almost anything that has to do with virtual reality. Not everything, but a lot of the stuff. 

Honestly, these books practically read themselves. I am already on book three, about half-way through. And I just know I will be reading it again at some point. The only downside is that I haven't found any fanfiction on this. Because, like always, I have a problem with the pairings. Well, not much, but the main male, I'd pair him up with this guy, called Clay. I just think they would go so well together. But alas, nothing.

 

So I would either have to write the fanfic myself or just fantasize about it. Right now, I'm leaning toward fantasizing. But who knows, it might change at some point. 

I have also looked at some of the other books the guy wrote and there is this other trilogy. I'm probably gonna find and get it after I'm done with this one. I have no clue what the other trilogy is about but well, it has a bunker in the name and it sounds good. I won't say no to a bunker until I have actually tried the books. 

Hopefully, it will be written in the same flowing style the Grid trilogy is. Seriously, I love the style the books are written in. It makes you read and you just don't want to put it down. You want to keep reading and find out what the heck is going on. And it is true even when you read it the second time and I have a feeling it will be true no matter how many times you've read it. This trilogy simply falls in the category of books you can read repeatedly and never get bored with them. I have some other books like that, but right now, this one is the most prominent one I can think of. Great books, definitely recommend them. 

If you decide to read them, come back and we can talk about it in the comments, okay?

And yes, I know I have already written a post about this trilogy, but it's just that good. So good in fact that it would be even better to have a post for each of the books separately, but alas, I don't seem to be able to do that when it comes to this trilogy. The story is too connected. Where one book ends the next picks up at more or less the exact same moment. So it feels more like a single book that has been split into three instead. 

~AnnElfwind

Written on the 4th of January, 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment