Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Anthony Horowitz - Alex Rider: Skeleton Key

 I've read this book before and now I've read it again. Alex Rider, the teen spy is at it again. This time, Blunt sends him to work with the CIA on a mission that takes them to Cuba or thereabouts. What was supposed to be a vacation for him and a cover for two CIA operatives soon turns into a nightmare when the two agents are killed and Alex is kidnapped by a Russian general, Sarov. 
It is now up to the teen to save the world. Again. In an epic trip that spans the world and ends in the freezing city of Murmansk, Alex races against the clock to save the world from being thrown into chaos. 

I've been a fan of the Alex Rider books since I've read them when I was still in school. Back then, I would devour them like there was no tomorrow. Though I did do a stupid thing back then when I started the 8th book and then peeked at the last page. And thinking that it was the last book, I put it down and started reading fanfiction instead. It was several years later that I realized there were more books after the 8th one. 

And now I'm re-reading all of them, in audiobook format. Skeleton key was very easy to listen to and follow the plot. I've always been a fan of Horowitz's writing style and I've read most of his "for teens" books. Only, I'm 28 and it seems like the books are not just for teens. Several years ago I would have classified them as such, but honestly, they are for anybody who liked spy novels. If you enjoy James Bond and are not discouraged by the fact that these books feature a teenage hero, you will like them. I'm sure of it. 

Skeleton Key is the third book in the series of twelve. I would suggest starting from the beginning even though knowledge of the previous books is not strictly necessary. You can enjoy Skeleton Key even without reading the other books. I can't say this for sure as I did read the previous books, but it does seem like all the books provide the necessary information for you not to be lost when previous events are mentioned. 

If you have already read this book, feel free to share your opinions in the comments and if you didn't but decide to, feel free to come back and share later, okay?

~AnnElfwind 

Written on the 9th of July, 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment