Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Vacationing at relatives' house

So, today I came back from vacation at my relatives' house. It was nice there. We played lots of games and played some table tennis too. I won at flags and lost when we played Qwirkle. We also visited Ikea and the adjacent shopping center in Ostrava. And my mother and I almost bought new phones - Huawei P40 Lite but backpedaled at the last moment when we learned that they don't support Google Play. And that's something we can't live without. I mean, I have a Huawei now, but it's a P20 Lite. And yes, it has that Huawei app store thingy, and I checked that out. Most of the apps (read games) I'm using are not there. Not even Pokemon Go. So I know that I don't want any more Huawei phones. Not unless they start cooperating with Google again. Guess when I do decide to upgrade my phone, I'll be turning to Samsungs or something. Definitely not something I wanted to do, but right now, it seems like the only viable option if I want something half decent. 
So, that was the visit to the shopping center. We also had some of our other relatives come to visit. And we played more games. And guess what? Do you know what the "other big ape" is? Well, it's obviously Godzilla. And it makes a little more sense in Czech. But it's something that is by now iconic prompt in one of the games we usually play. There's one more. This time related to the movie Planet of Apes (Or even the 12 Apes (or Monkeys)), but I'm not even gonna try to translate it so that it makes sense. Cause this one uses a bastardized version of a Czech word and while the word can be translated, there's no way to translate the bastardized version. So I'm not gonna attempt it. 
Oh, and I played lots of Star Stable Online. Well, lots... I did my daily routine in there and one day, I played it together with Eliška, my cousin's daughter. She has her own account (previously mine) and we play each on our own PC sitting next to each other and debating the game. It's fun. Though we don't do this nearly as much as we used to. But I enjoy it none-the-less. So if the opportunity presents itself, I'm not gonna let it slip by. 
Oh, and while playing one of the games, I don't remember which one, I and Eliška were dying of laughter. I wish I could remember what was so funny, but I don't even remember that... I wish I did, but alas, not happening. Still, we were just laughing so hard! Tears were streaming out of our eyes! I think we were playing iKnow Hit List, but I could be lying... It could have been the game with the other big ape too... 
Heh. So, a nice vacation. Was there from Tuesday till Sunday. The original plan was to travel to Great Britain, London, but fucking COVID crushed that plan... Oh well, this was nice too. So London will maybe happen next year or the year after that. Hopefully. 

~AnnElfwind

Written on the 12th of July, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment