Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Various


So, I have several new pictures. This first one is of a white trillium. At least that is what they said. I'm still not sure I believe them. Them being Pinterest. But I'm willing to not care. It's a white flower and that's all anyone needs to know. Anything else is irrelevant. It was done with oil pastels and giocondas. I love mixing those two together. It always give s me such interesting results! The background is just some colors spliced together because at that point I was too lazy to draw more leaves. So I left it like that. Considering it's done on a rather small-sized paper, I don't think it matters all that much. Though looking at it now, I think I should have gone way darker on those leaves. Like, black level darker. Or... No. No or. Definitely should have mixed black in that. This way it's way too light where it shouldn't be. But alas, I don't think I'm gonna fix it now. Too late for it. I sprayed it with a fixative and therefore I won't be able to do anything more with it. However, at least I know what to do next time I draw something like this. Right? Tell me what you think. I would very much like to read your comments. 
Another picture. This one was just me finishing an old sketch. Like, it was several years old. So I had to finish it. Finally. And it was a face. So I took out my better markers. Still water-based, but the ones that are slightly better (a lot better) quality. And all of them are brush markers. And I started playing with different colors. Oh, and excuse the green that's all over the place. This is my messy sketchbook and I basically don't care what happens in it. So sometimes, things like that happen. I think this is something that bled through from the other side. That would be the one that has that flute playing elf on it. And therefore anything is possible. 
But back to this picture. I decided on green hair and purple-ish eyes simply because it's a combination I really like. Not as much as black and silver, but close. I also like deep blue and silver, but that's completely unrelated. I had some light browns and skin tones so I managed quite well when it comes to the skin. I even have a blender for these markers. And it came out to play on this one. Only the skin. I wanted to try it and it worked quite well. As for background, I just painted it blue. Because it was a color that wasn't used anywhere else in the picture. And that was done with acrylic paint. Mostly blue, but I mixed a little bit of white into it. Just to make it slightly lighter than the original shade. I think the whole thing turned out quite well. I certainly like it and I hope you do too. Let me know in the comments what you think, 'kay?

This next one is just a practice sketch of a fir tree. I was watching youtube and a tutorial popped up and so I decided to follow it. In the end, mine looks decidedly different from what the guy had as his finished product. Thing is, I like mine better. Nothing against him, but way too cartoonish. While mine at least tries to pass for realistic. Don't take this the wrong way. I'm not trying to say mine is realistic, or that the guy who made the tutorial can't draw. All I'm saying that in this one instance if we were going for realism, mine would be slightly closer to it.  Maybe because while I was following the tutorial, I also thought about how Bob Ross paints his trees and well... I think that helped more than I first thought. I would like to know what you think of this sketch and if you think I got at least close to a somewhat realistic fir tree. At least silhouette wise. 

And this one is my favorite from this batch. It's an elven demon lord and I just love how it turned out. And I wasn't even trying. Okay, maybe his forehead is slightly bigger than it should be, but at least he's not perfect. At least he has a flaw. I'm thinking of it this way: If there are no perfect people, why should there be perfect elven demon lords? Right? I mean, if Sakura from Naruto can have a big forehead, then so can this guy. But other than that, I just love how he turned out. Even the feathers on his coat. Love it. But like I wrote in the sketchbook, next time, I'm gonna try to go even darker and I'm gonna use a permanent medium without pre-sketching and see what happens. Because let's face it. When I start erasing, I erase and redraw and I sometimes get stuck in this cycle. So with a permanent medium, I will be able to just draw and avoid that distracting erasing. 
I had fun drawing him. And the reason I did was because I was messing with my phone and my PC when it comes to Pinterest and I needed to do some testing and then I was messing with the blogger app on my phone as well as my art inspiration blog. And just to throw it out there, if you find that blog, none of it is mine. I'm just collecting inspiration for when I don't know what to draw. I'm probably gonna start even saving drawing prompts there. When I find some that are really interesting. But back to this demon lord. What do you think? Do you think that the big forehead takes away from him? Or do you consider imperfections a part of life? Tell me in the comments, okay? I would really like to know what you think.

Last one. This one is a picture I drew after using the random word generator. The word prompt was an aquarium. So I drew one. With radioactive water and mutated fishies. Like, look at that pink monstrosity! If that isn't mutated, I don't know what it. Oh, and that small orange fish had enough and is leaving. Going to sulk in a corner. The only normal thing about this picture is the rocks and seaweed. Anything else is not normal. 
This thing is done with water-based markers and that's it. Nothing else was used. I did contemplate using paints as well at one point, but then I decided against it. And I think it turned out okay. Yes, it's a little different, but at the same time, this is what we got. And I'm okay with it. The blue-yellow fish is probably my favorite out of this picture. But hey, the rocks are good too. 
So, tell me what you think. And don't worry. I already know that that pink fish is not alright. Honestly, I myself don't know what the heck is going on there. And I'm the creator. Oh well. Maybe that's why the blue one is looking at the pink one so warily. It knows the pink one is not right. Not right in the head that is. 

So that is it. And I'll see you next time. 
~AnnElfwind
Written on the 9th of June, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment