Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Office 2019

I bought Microsoft Office 2019 last night. I've wanted those for a while now and finally, finally, I decided to just go and buy them. Online of course. No need for a physical copy when a digital one is enough. I installed it right away and while I still have my old Microsoft Office installed, I'm definitely not gonna use them anymore. The 2019 version is better. 
I know there's all this hype about the 365 version but I'm not interested in that. The yearly subscription fee is not something I'm willing to pay. Hell, if they sold MS Word 2019 as a separate package, I'd just buy that. It's the only thing I use with any regularity. The rest I use so rarely that I would be fine using some free (if slightly inferior) program. No problem there. But yeah. Word. I use that a lot to write stories. Lately, it's mostly fanfiction, but I have some original stuff I'm working on too. And then there's that one epic tale I have (not yet finished) that is in Czech and I'm trying to force myself to translate it into English. As I don't really feel like continuing it in Czech. I might, but as of yet, it's a shelved project. Nothing I'm gonna work on now. Even though the idea is somewhat epic. 
Back to the 2019 Office though. I love it. And just now, I figured out how to change the design. The default is too bright. So now it's dark gray. I mean, it wasn't really hard. All it needed is me actually doing it. So yes, it has everything I need and I'm happy with it. I'm really glad I decided to buy it. And maybe the 365 is better, who knows. I don't really care to find out. And yes, it has more programs. And whatnot. But I'm not using those. Like I said before. If there was an option to just get Microsoft Word without anything else, I would prefer that. But alas, we can't have everything we want. 

On a completely unrelated note. My mother bought a lottery ticket yesterday. We won. Only an insignificant amount but at the same time, it's a nice feeling knowing that the money wasn't wasted. Just wanted to throw this out there. 

~AnnElfwind
Written on the 9th of June, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment