Wednesday, June 24, 2020

The Prince and the Woodelf

Two new pictures. The first one is done in blue. Don't know why. But I felt like doing something that would not be in pencil but didn't want it to be in full color. I did consider giving him the red eyes the inspiration had but decided against it. I think I made the right call. I love how it turned out.  Even the mouth and that' something I've been struggling with lately. Just a little, but if the mouth is wrong, it can change the whole pic and I don't like that. So I'm glad that this time, it turned out the exact way I wanted it. And I just love how it's blue. Do you like it? Tell me. :D

And this here is my little wood-elf. Yes, it's a female and I don't usually draw those unless a male decides they want to be a female, but hey, why not. So I just spliced some colors together. I mean, there's purple in the skin. Even some green. And the initial sketch was done in light green. That neon kind that I don't usually like much, but it worked here. It's done in colored pencils on a smooth paper and the white highlights are done with white acrylic paint. I contemplated adding some color to the background, but in the end, I'm glad I didn't. I think it looks better this way. And if I ever decide otherwise, it's easy to add some color to it later. So tell me, do you like it? Or does it suck? Oh, and the inspiration for both comes from Pinterest. Yeah, I got inspired. Heavily. So what. I like drawing elves and I needed inspiration.

~AnnElfwind

Written on the 17th of May, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment