Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Mountains

I got a set of canvases for Christmas. One is still unused but the second one now has mountains on it. Bob Ross inspired mountains to be precise. Yes, it's not exactly like the one he made, but he said I could do whatever I wanted! So I did.
The trees were a pain and a half as I didn't have a fan brush. Now I do and I hope that the next painting I do will be better. I mean, this is good, don't get me wrong, I really like it, but the trees! I made them work somehow, but I still think they would have been better if I had a fan brush.
So, I bought that today. Two to be exact. As well as two different sizes of canvas boards. And I saw tombow markers. And that's not something you really see a lot here in CZ. So I had to buy some. But they are really expensive so I only bought black and two shades of gray as I think you can do a lot with that selection. And gradually, I'm gonna buy more. Well, depending on how well they work. We'll see.
Now, back to the painting. Bob had some bushes in the foreground, but I had too much water and it was too bright so I did just some flowers on a patch of green grass. Oh yeah, the major difference between mine and Bob's is that mine is done in acrylic paints instead of oils. I really didn't feel like mucking around with turpentine. That stuff stinks. Like, I don't really mind, but others do!
So I hope you like the painting and hopefully, there will be more. :)

~AnnElfwind

[Written on 27th of February, 2020]

No comments:

Post a Comment