Sunday, October 20, 2013

Follow-up on Google Chrome rant

So I've been using Torch the past few days and the only thing I found that doesn't work in Windows 8 mode is DivX web player. Which is something I can live without as I'm only using the desktop DivX player to watch downloaded movies. So, if there are any of you that are experiencing problems with windows 8's version of google chrome, try using Torch browser, which is essentially the same, only it can download torrents and has a few other nifty thingies. Thoough I'm not really using those. Only the torrent download, as that was the primary reason I even had Torch. 

 The only remaining question is: Should I uninstal Google Chrome completely or should I keep it as a back-up browser? I'm thinking of removing it completely as I don't really have a use for it anymore. But somehow, I don't wanna... So if any of you want to give your oppinion on this, it would be great. :)
See ya.

2 comments:

  1. I use the torch browser (got into it to download youtube videos, but it works well all around). I still have my regular chrome though, no need to get rid of browsers. You never know when something might come in handy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I myself have torch mainly because it supports torrent downloads.
      And as for chrome, I still have it as well. Might be good as a back up if something goes wrong. :)

      Delete