Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Le Bird

So I drew this bird. He's red, white and black. Duh. Done with colored pencils and on copy paper. Took not too long. Half an hour tops. Not happy with the branch though. I just needed something for him to sit on. And well, he's supposed to be the main focus, not the branch. If you can even call it that...
As to what species the bird is, I have absolutely no idea. The inspiration was black and white line art and you really can't tell from that what exactly it is supposed to be. I don't even know where I found the inspiration to begin with. Just that what led to it was a lot, and I mean a lot, of googling.
But I'm happy with the way the bird turned out. Looks at least semi-realistic. and that's what I was aiming for. At least semi-realism. Hyper-realism would have been better but I don't think I have the patience to achieve that one. So semi-realism is what I usually hope and aim for.
See ya!
~AnnElfwind

No comments:

Post a Comment