Friday, November 28, 2014

Writing 101 - Day Seven: Give and Take


(Written on 18. 9. 2014 for Dailypost's Writing 101)

This time, it's to write about a contrast between two things. And you know? The first thing that came to my mind was to write about darkness and light and somehow incorporate my usual rant about darkness being the same as evil and light being good, because you know, that's a total bulshit. Yeah, sure, Light and darkness are opposites and all that, that's true. They are balanced and one can't really exist without the other, but they are vastly different. With darkness is usually associated destruction and chaos. While that may be, I like to think that there can be other things to darkness. And as for light, usually healing is a part of light and also anything white. 
Well, on the other hand, what if there is no light and darkness, just shades of gray that sometimes can seem white and sometimes gray? 

And as for the comparsion of light and darkness to good and evil, I hate when people do that, because I'm of the opinion that light and darkness are just elements. Two of the seven primary elements. Yes, now you're going to argue with me that there are only four, but hey! I can bend the rules, that's why it's called fantasy! Anyone can do anything they want with it. It's not facts! So, for me, the seven primary elements are light, darkness, fire, water, earth wind and lightning. Because you just cannot forget lightning. 
And I feel like I've written something like this before. And several times...
With that said, I'll end this post and see you with the next one.

~AnnElfwind

No comments:

Post a Comment