Saturday, September 27, 2014

Three songs

(Written for Writing 101 on dailypost.wordpress.com on 18. 9. 2014)

So, what are the three songs that are most important to me? First, I need to say, that it would be three songs that are most important to me now, not of all time, because what I like to listen to keeps changing based on what I hear, see and many more factors. 
And the three songs I like the most at this moment are: Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack - Redbone - Come and get your love. Next one is Sara Perche ti Amo and the last one is really tough because I don't really know... It's hard to decide between Nightwish's Turn loose the mermaids and Limahl's Never ending Story, but it would probably be the Neverending story.
So, why do I like Redbone - Come and get your love? Well, not too long ago, I saw the new movie Guardians of the Galaxy and there was this one scene that I loved, it was near the begining and Quil was dancing and this song was playing. Then I came home and I couldn't get it out of my mind so a few days after that I started searching on youtube and I found it. So of course, me being me, I listened to it over and over again and couldn't get myself to stop. It has really nice rythm and is great for dancing. And even though I hate dancing, this is the one song that gets even me moving.
Next song is Sara Perche ti Amo and I made it my goal to learn the lyrics. I'm making slow progress, but I think I have the first half down quite nicely. I don't know why I love this song. I heard it somwhere and then there was a period of time when I was downloading anything and everything when it comes to music. So I downloaded a rar file from one website and one of the songs was this one. And somehow, I just started to listen to it more and more and soon it was one of my most favourite songs.
And the last one is Limahl's Never Ending story. I saw all the movies and while they weren't bad, I prefered the TV series. Series that I can't find anywhere on the internet... Pitty... Well, but the thing is, I decided that I like the song and I even learned the text and was always singing along. As for the TV series, that was in the TV when I was around 13 or something. And I really loved it. I liked the idea of Atrei not being a boy but a man. And that it was really interconnected, the land from the book and the "real world". Yes, in the later movies, this is too, but not so much as in the TV series. It was only one season they were screening, but I think there was actually season 2, just probably never made in czech... But I'm too lazy to actually deal with that... So I ditched it. I mean, who cares? I don't. I just love it and would have liked to watch it again. But it's nowhere to be found...

I would have loved to include my fourth most favourite song, but it says three so I will only talk about it very quickly. It's Turn loose the mermaids from Nightwish and it is really great for if you want to sing along with them. Great lyrics and really beautifull melody. You just can't not sing. 

Okay, that's it. I'm stopping now and will get on to the next excersise or something. 

~AnnElfwind

No comments:

Post a Comment