Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Marvel

(Written on 17. 9. 2014)

First of, I'm not gonna go into the comic-verse, only the movie verse. I never read the comic books and I never will. Comic books aren't my style and I just cannot get over how some of the characters are drawn. Like Hawkeye, I mean, purple? Weird purple? Come on! After seeing him being portrayed by Renner, I just can't imagine him in any other way! And I mean, Renner, who could say no to that?
So, that's why I'll never read the comic books, On the other hand, I never say no to going on the internet and finding more about specific characters. Not all but sometimes, further info is necessary. 
However, I've watched practically everything that is part of MCU (Marvel cinematic universe). With the exception of Amazing spiderman 2, where I'm waiting for a better quallity to be available on the net. Maybe it's already there, but I have yet to see it. 

Still, the best thing about Marvel is that they created this whole universe that is interconnected in all their movies and even the comics, but as I haven't read those, I can't really talk. Still, the Marvel Cinematic Universe - MCU - is great and I love how it all ties together. I mean, for a while, the x-men stood alone, but in one of the other movies, I think it was in Captain America 2, in the after credits scene, there are Wanda and Pietro Maximoff - Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. And those are mutants and so it ties together nicely. 
The whole idea is amazing and I'm eagerly awaiting the new movies that are announced. Like the one about Black Widow and Cap 3 as well as Avengers 2 and I also heard rumors about a third version of the Hulk movie, this one staring Mark Ruffalo, the one who played Banner in Avengers. I think it would be interesting. As it would have the same actor and I think that would be a plus. 

So, I will probably write more about the individual movies as they come out or as I watch them, but I'm not making any promises. Still, MCU is amazing and I think you should watch the movies. As well as the TV series Agents of SHIELD and even the one shots that are basically very short films - like "Something funny happened on the way to Thor's Hammer". 

~AnnElfwind

No comments:

Post a Comment