Monday, August 25, 2014

The Saddle Club

Yesterday, I saw the last episode of the series Saddle club. I've been watching it on and off for a while now. I'm not sure which season I like the most... I mean, all have some better and some worse episodes. Though if I really had to choose, I'd probably pick the part where Dorothee is. Which means the first part of season 2. But I prefer the actors from season 3. At least for the saddle club girls. And I like Simon. He livened things up. 
On the other hand, I was kinda missing Red and Kristie from the last season. Though Trouble the donkey more than made up for them. And Jack wasn't bad either. 
So, what is the series about anyway? 
It is about three girls who love horses and form a club together. During the series they encounter different problems, be it Veronika, the annoying rich girls or some problems between them. 
Each season has a strong ending, and most of the episodes are pretty interesting. If I remember correctly, I only skipped one episode. And that was because that one didn't interest me. 
Sure the show is ment for kids, but it is pretty decent. It's definitely watchable even if you're not a kid. On the other hand, the books it is based on, are pretty terrible. I gave up after not even a full chlapter. If I were to say what it was like, I'll qoute my mom: "It's a badly written horse-riding guide."
And I agree with that.
The books are not worth it, but the series ain't bad. 
So, the main characters are Carrole, Stevie and Lisa. The main antagonist (who sometimes does the right thing) is Veronica and then there are some of the more minor characters. In the first series it's Red, Kristie, Melanie and Ashley as well as Phill (NOT COULSON :D). In second series, we gain Dorothee for the first half and some other characters make repeated appearance. 
And finally, in the last season, apart from the cast being completely new, we have no Ashley, but gain Jenn as well as Trouble the donkey. We also switch Red for Jack and gain Dezi during the season. 
Oh, and for Thor maniacs, in one of the episodes (I think it's in the second season), young Chris Hemsworth plays a new vet. Well, young... Younger. But it's interesting. You can recognize him for his eyes and lips, but other than that, he looks completely different. And has short hair!
So, if you're into horses, this is a pretty decent thing, even though it has girls as pretty much every important character. I'm not much for things where main characters are girls, but this one is not that bad. Though if they did a version where the main characters are guys... Or out right a gay version, I'd be watching it in a heartbeat!
See ya!

~AnnElfwind

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete