Thursday, February 20, 2014

The Tower of Bones

Hah! Finished another LoG mod. This one called The Tower of Bones. Nice little mod made in 11x11 space to resemble tower. I think there are nine levels plus two optional ones. One thing I would like to point out is that if you decide to play it, I suggest not a new party. There are goromorgs and you won't be able to reach high enough level to beat them. I mean, two of them in a small room? Well... Still, the mod is nicely done. Oh, another thing, torches are important. Only in one or two places, but are. Don't leave them behind.
I mean, yes, there was this note about potions turning into torches, or something, but anyway, I didn't test this theory, so there. It's safer to bring the torches from the first two levels anyway. In case this method doesn't work.

So, this mod. The first floor is practically devoid of anything major. I think there are two skeleton archers, but that's it. Then you have to find rune and then a key. Opening the door, that leads to the star leading up. Yes, you start at the bottom. Then on the next floor there is a room with a bunch of preasure plates. Hehe. And some scavengers. Once you find the note, the puzzle will be easy. At least, I think it is easy.
However, I admit to not finding all of the secrets. Couldn't be bothered. I just wanted to know what was after the torch opened door. Well, now I know. There was a bunch of goromorgs. Lucky me to play it with my 30 level party.
Never mind that.
Well, still, the mod is nice. And I will probably play it again in time. And when that comes, I will try to figure out what to do with the keys from the maze. Supposedly it is dexterity maze, but I just let the fireballs hit me. It doesn't do much damage anyway... Maybe next time I'll throw in a fire shield for good meassure.
Although, the treasures are quite easy to find. I mean, come on... the treasurry? Way too easy!
And I think the mod could be longer. I finished within half an hour. Or so. Very easy. Maybe next time I won't play on easy. xD I mean, I am level 30... Even though I achieved that through the cheat item in The Lost continent mod.
Go play it. It's worth it. Even if it is short. Get a party that has been through something already and go find the treasure.
And for those of you who don't know where to get it, I got it from nexusmods. But it's also on stream.

See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment