Thursday, February 20, 2014

Megan Derr - The High King's Golden Tongue

A few days back, I finished a good book. It's called The High King's Golden Tongue. It's slash, but that's exactly the kind of book I like. The book is set in fantasy kingdom where those that can speak many languages are called Silver Tongues.
The main hero is Allen and he is to be the king's consort. Only, the king turns him away without giving him a second thought. That is because Allen is a schollar, not a fighter, and that is the type of poeple the king keeps close.
Allen then goes and wanders through the city below the castle. There, he meets one of the kings hired secret agents. And they are in need of a transaltor for a mission. So, Allen, knowing twelve different languages, joins them, thinking that he needs to prove his worth.
When the group is captured, and the king realises Allen was there, he goes on a rescue mission. A mission that is a big success. Then, the king finally learns to appreciate Allens talents with languages.
As short as it sounds, it is a good read and I do recommend it to all the slash likers out there.
I really like the style it's written in and will be looking into more from this author. Got the book from Amazon. On my kindle. Good thing I have it, because Amazon is like the only place where you can get books that are slash. And I mean books, not just fanfiction and other stories.
Oh well, gotta go and read something more. Or, write about another book I finished reading.

See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment