Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Legend of Grimrock - The Missing Heir

HI,
It is already several days back, but I finished one of the mods for Legend of Grimrock I downloaded. This one was called The Missing Heir. I went with my team I played with before. And thank god I did. While I think it would be playable with a new team as well, it certanily made some things easier this way.
Like... The slug/naga/cyclops thingies. They were a pain in the ass. Mainly when I was battling against Master. The fucker was summoning a whole bunch of them and it just wouldn't do. In the end I just went against only Master. No dodging and boxed by wall from all other sides. And that was the best way.
I admit I did need some help with some of the puzzles. But other than that, I have to say the mod is great and has unique story that calls for continuation.

The autor confirmed that they will make more mods. When? I don't know, but from the message was clear they are planning it.
As for the mod, other than my ranting abotu Masters slugs... Story driven, though sometimes, when I was reading the dialogue, I did it while resting, as it was faster that way. I think it was appearing too slow. Other than that... I think there was no Dismanteler in the mod. That would be the only thing I didn't like. Because, I just love that sword.
The most confusing part was probably the third/fourth floor. Had to ask for directions several times. And then in one of the Master's chalenges, I thought I was trapped. Only, all I had to do was wait a little... So it went well.
If you're a fan of Grimrock, go play this mod. You can get it from either steam or nexus. Though if you're new to playing mods, I suggest you use already existing party to make it a bit easier for you. Though, it doesn't make it easier by much. I had party level 13 and still, the slugs were hard.

See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment