Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Legend of Grimrock

By a chance I stumbled upon a great game. It was an add on a page I was reading. And so I clicked on it and read the description of the game. Of course, since if was interesting, I went and downloaded the game. It's called Legend of Grimrock and it is dungeon based. You create a party of four (or you can play with the default party) and then you play. The story begins with the party being thrown into a prison of sorts called Grimrock. And from there it's up to you to find your way down to the lowest level. If you manage, you will be free, or something. I am definitely not there yet. To be honest, I just finished the fird level. Counting from top of course. And I have to admit, that the game is pretty scary! It's dark and you have to watch your torches, because if they go out and there are non in the immedeate vicinity, you're doomed. Because it would be pitch black. 

 Throughout the game you collect equipment and weapons. And supplies, as you just can't have your heroes hungry. That wouldn't do. I'd be careful with those though, because the lower you go, the harder it is to find any. And since I'm only at the begining of level four, that has to count for something, right? The most will be in level one, so collect it all. Or the heroes will starve. The game as a whole is pretty dark and while I normaly don't play games like this one, because they are too scary, I enjoy this one, even though I'm always on edge when playing. I always wonder what monster will be around the next corner, and so on. So far, the worst to deal with was the group of skeletal warriors that fought as a group. Pretty damn hard to get rid of. And then there are the spiders! And they are poisonous! They killed my minotaur! Good thing that those gigantic blue crystals will revive a party member, right? 

 Oh, and can somebody walk me through making potions? I just don't understand how to do it! Thank you. But all in all, the game is great and I'm glad I found it. I was also trying to instal some similar games but windows 8 simply didn't agree with it, so I only have this one. If you know about similar games that will work on windows 8, please let me know, thanks. :)
See ya.

Edit: I figured the potions out ages ago. So you don't have to tell me anymore. xD All I had to do was click on the mortar with the right mouse button instead of trying all the other crap I did. xD

No comments:

Post a Comment