Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Future is not set in stone

First of, I want to say that this is not exactly Daily Prompt answer. While the title is the answer to it, I decided to take a different point of view. For a long time I belived (and still do) that future is not set in stone. Never was, never will be. Yes, there are possible futures, but in the end, it all comes to our decisions. With each decision the future splits into more and more paths. If we were in a world where magic was real, I'd say that with each decision a new alternative reality is created. And I mean with each decision of every person, because it all connects. The decision of one can affect many others.

 Alas, we are not in a world swirling with magic, and even if we were, I wouldn't try to predict my future. Because, by knowing or even trying to know your future, you're limiting your options. With the future known, you can only chose two paths. The one that strives for it or the one that will try to avoid it. When you don't know what will happen, you are not restricted by this and therefore free to think of something you might not otherwise. Future should remain unknown until it becomes present, because all predictions and prphecies are self fulfiling. And that is just plain stupid! And anyway, why would you wanna know your own future? It takes away all the fun!
See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment