Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Gamer's diary 2

12.11.2021


I bought a new game yesterday. But I'll get to that later. Because I also played a game I haven't played in years. Or at least it feels like it. And that happened the day BEFORE yesterday. The game is DMC4 special edition. The one where you can play as Vergil. He is my favorite character and the only reason I got the special edition considering I had a perfectly normal and working copy of the original DMC4. But well, Vergil. Can't be without a Vergil mode. So yeah, I played that the day before yesterday and apart from Vergil, I also played a little as Lady. However, when I was playing as Verge, let me tell you, it took me way too long to figure out the "hook-shot" blue floating lights. Mostly because I forgot that you have to actually target them. In the end, it's relatively easy, but just figuring it out took an excessive amount of time. I had to look it up. Well, look at a video and see the targeting circle in order to remember how to do it. Still, worth it. 

Oh, and Kalina An is SO OP!!! But really bad for close combat. Too cumbersome. 

And now we're getting to the good stuff. The game I bought yesterday is Resident Evil 0. I was debating getting RE1 (HD remastered of course) but considering I have JUST finished watching Andy from Oxbox streaming it, I decided on RE0 instead. I had every intention to just watch a lets play on youtube, but well… Call me crazy but it looked way too god and I needed a new game. And I've been on a Resident Evil kick lately. And yeah, I totally blame Andy and his stream. His fault. But the game is great. 

However, it should come with a manual for the key binding configuration. I spent who knows how long on that. And it didn't wanna work the way I wanted it to. I had to look on the internet for help. Thankfully, there was a steam post that told me exactly what to do and then it worked like I wanted it to. And while I did have to look up some guides for certain things, I managed most of it on my own. 

Still, it wouldn't have occurred to me to have Becky do the thing with the opening of the crawl space on the train. I was trying with Billy and it kept telling me it was locked from the other side. It was only after watching the relevant moment on video that I figured it out. 

I'm really enjoying the game. Currently, I'm under the church. I finished the "mansion". And yes, I know it is a facility but calling it a mansion (because it looks like one) is easier. As well as the train, obviously, since you can't finish the mansion without finishing the train. And now I'm under the church and probably mostly lost as it looks a little like a maze and it is not amazing. And I was forced to split my characters. Not cool. 

I have stopped playing for today as I want to watch some drama episodes, but I'll probably continue tomorrow or something like that. In the meantime, I should check on my upgrade in Eternium and then play some more of Merge Kingdom while I watch my drama. Yeah, sound like a great plan. I'm gonna go and do that.


14.17.2021


I got mad yesterday. I was playing some Resi 0 and had to backtrack like crazy - needed the green canister to mix some chemicals. And well… Didn't realize until that point that I could interact with the canisters. I treated them as just props, props that reminded me of the alien wannabe fight from Resi 4 - there are canisters there you can knock over and they freeze the alien monster. And I thought that here in Resi 0 it served either just decorative or similar purpose to Resi 4. So I had to backtrack. 

So I did. Killed some zombie monkeys with possible rabies and got to the canister. Easy, right. I got the chemical and mixed the agent. I even took the leech out of its bottle. But then I was gonna go back to Billy and open the door but I didn't even exit the room with the green canister and the game froze! Bummer!!! I got so angry at it! So I ditched it for the day. I'm not sure I will attempt it again today as I had some more things I did before needing to do the backtrack and fell back to my bad habit of only saving when I wanna quit the game. So yeah, I will have to play a big chunk of the game again. I'll probably tackle it either tomorrow or the day after. I don't have the patience to do it today. Also, I got some other stuff to do. 

And I kinda feel like playing a bit of Resi 2 remake again. I really got back into it. I love Resi games and if someone does a Resi 4 remake, I would definitely be interested. I read something about a rumor about it so it seems like this remake could be a real possibility. Don't take my word for this, but if I'm remembering correctly, I also read the year 2022 along with the rumor. Not sure if it means we'll get the game next year, probably not, but it would be SO awesome if we did! Right? Anyone else with me on this? No? Just me? Bummer, but I would still like a Resi 4 remake either way. It's a great game and the one that got me into the franchise. Game franchise. I saw some of the movies before. But I consider them a separate Resident Evil. That might change as we'll be getting a live action movie that is way more closely connected to the game verse. I SO hope it will be good! Can't wait for it. 

But now I'll probably go and play something. Not yet sure what. But probably that Resi 2 remake. Or maybe something completely different. Who knows. I sure don't.


15.11.2021


I have made the backtrack again. This time I saved just before it and then the moment I returned from it. Honestly, I was thinking the whole time that it would crash, but it didn't. I was happy about that so I played a little bit more of the game. Got past the cable car and then had a fight with a tyrant/nemesis prototype. He looked more like a nemesis than a tyrant. Unless you count the final stage of the tyrant from Resi 2. But color was closer to nemesis. But I got him. Wasted my whole magnum mag on him. Because you get a magnum in the cable car. 

Heh, now Billy's got it. Loaded with all of my 8 bullets. Good thing I didn't leave those behind. And honestly, now I feel like playing some Resi 4. Because handcannon. I kinda wanna use that weapon now. But yeah, got past the tyrant, rescued Billy and then got frustrated with some box puzzle. So I backtracked to the closest typewriter and quit the game for today. I'll probably go back to it soon, but not right now. The puzzle is stupid and it reminds me of a game called Pocoman. Honestly, it was a good game but a little frustrating at times. It was all about sorting boxes to their little places. And now I'm thinking about a game called Berusky. Well, Berusky in Czech. Honestly, I have no idea if that game is… 

Yah, Berusky is a Czech original. And I have no idea if it was ever translated into any other language. And I'm not gonna go and find out. But that was a great old game. And I did beat it together with my mom. We would play it together and it was fun! Good times, good times. 

And then we discovered Bomberman and this skiing game. And things went sideways. But that was fun too. 

And now I'm gonna stop and go play something. Or read. I got a good story. But that doesn't belong here. So yeah, it's either gonna be a story or Resi 4. Haven't decided yet.


17.11.2021


I got mad. Stupid frog monster! You don't know what I'm talking about? Resi 0. Like most of the time. So I got a great amount of progress, good thing I saved after the stupid box puzzle, but then, I got to the dam, the passage through. Got to it, climbed down the ladder and then Becky got eaten by the stupid frog monster. Next time I play it, I'm gonna go with Billy first and have him equipped with the magnum. And blast that frogan into next century. With great prejudice. I'm really mad right now. 

But anyway, I also played some Resi 2 remake. That was before. And I got to the cable car and through the ride. Hell, I did the whole sewer area in one sitting. Including backtracking to get that last part (I think it's last) for the Lightning hawk. But there was this one point in time that I was freaking out a little. I was with almost no ammo and well, had to waste my mag shots on basic zombies. Heh. 

Also, I hate the incinerator part. I never manage to do it the first time around. But unlike before, this time it only took two tries. So great.


~AnnElfwind

No comments:

Post a Comment