Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Me and Videogames

 This is just a little something I would like to share with you and hear your own experiences. You see, I play video games a lot! Like, a LOT! Honestly, I may be picky with the specific games, but when I'm hooked on a game, I can play it day-in, day-out. No problem. Even better if I can mod it. 

My current obsession is Mount&Blade. The original one. No Warband in my steam library. No thanks. And you really should hear me when I'm playing. When I'm playing anything, really. I have a tendency to just talk to the game. Just now, I was playing a Ranger's apprentice map for M&B and suddenly, a bunch of farmers were walking to me. And I'm like: "What the fuck?!" And when I was talking to the lords to get some quests, they kept telling me they had nothing for me, so I kept insulting them. Honestly, it didn't help, but it made me feel better about it. 

And during battle, I kept talking to the troops, commenting on their tactics and telling them what they should do, not like it helped, they did what they wanted instead. I could have used commands, I know, but I hate using those. The only command I use, that I have hotkey-ed to G, is for them to charge. Because some of the mods make it default for them to hold their position. And I hate that. Fuck holding. They should be charging. Always!

So yeah, hard to describe, but I do have full conversations with my games when I'm in the zone. Trust me, if you heard me, you would be rolling on the floor laughing. My only saving grace is that even though my mom can hear me, she can't really understand me. Her English is not the best so for now, I'm safe. For now. She's learning it on Duolingo and well, there is progress. Even though it's slow.

Well, there you have it. A proof that I really am a complete lunatic. :D 

~AnnElfwind

Written on the 16th of August, 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment