Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Alchemy in Autumn

 

Okay, so I've been drawing again. And lately, I've been using prompts from SketchDaily on Reddit. They seem to have really interesting prompts. Well, obviously not all of them, but a great many. And this time, I used the prompt for OCtober - Alchemist. I had several ideas, but most of them were pretty chaotic and not as clear as this one. So I went with the young elf boy holding a bottle of potion. What potion? I don't know. Ask him. And yes, it's smoking pink. For this drawing, I used one of my better sets of colored pencils. After doing a pencil sketch. I think the end result is pretty interesting. Complete with the white highlights done in white posca pen. I love that thing! 
I'm also pretty happy about the hand. I mean, there are some extra lines around the thumb, but at that point, they were kind of impossible to erase. I tried. They wouldn't budge. Still, the hand doesn't look completely crap so I'll take it.  

This second pic was done in oil pastels. Again, I did a pencil sketch first and then went in with the pastels. The prompt form this one is from the same series of prompts. This time, it's OCtober - Autumn. And I had the idea of drawing an autumn fairy or something similar. So I did. And I took advantage of the fact that the oil pastels layer quite well. And I really played with it. The photo made it look a little lighter than it actually is. But oh well. Not gonna play with it to change that. I like it either way. I did try to go for more of an orange look to her. Mostly in the skin tone, but I also used a lot of yellow and black. Guess I also went for a bit of a Halloween look. Oh, and I added some more highlights after I photographed it. So they are missing. I decided to leave it as-is instead of photographing it again. Hopefully, you won't mind. 
I actually really love how this one turned out. She's adorable. A true fairy. I don't know why my mind went straight toward fairies, but hey. Why not. Tell me what you think, okay? 

~AnnElfwind

Written on the 25th of October, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment