Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Mouth and a Jug


So I got two pics to share with you. Both done in pencil. The first one is a study of lips. While it is quite sketchy, I really like how it turned out. It was done on my favorite smudgy paper. I even did some blending. This time with just a tissue wrapped around my finger. And my actual finger. No home-made blending stump this time. I did this based on a prompt I found here. They have some really good prompts, even though this month (October 2020) is strictly anatomy. Oh well. Maybe it will help me improve some areas I know I'm not as good at as I would like. 
Share what you think? 


And this second pic is a jug. Done on a really small format and now that I'm looking at it again, it is a little bit wobbly. Frankly, it looks better in real life. This photo of the pic is horrible. And I'm really not happy with it. I mean, I like the pic itself, just not the digital version of it. 
The jug was based on a Paul Priestley video on youtube. Most of his videos are quite good even if geared more toward beginners. Still, I enjoy them and they definitely help you improve your basic skills. So if you enjoy drawing and have nothing to do, go check those out. But before you go, tell me what you think about the jug. I know it doesn't look too good, but it can't be all bad, right?


 



No comments:

Post a Comment