Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Charcoal tree

So, I tried to do something with charcoal. I had to since I bought a pack of it just a few days ago. So I was watching videos on youtube. Art related videos. Tutorials and other stuff. And then there's this one that features charcoal. So I'm like, I'll try to follow along. And I did and this is the result. Mine's a little different and the highlights are probably not as bright. He was using chalk to do those, I used white soft pastel. And his paper was toned. Mine too, but nowhere near as heavily.
Still, looking at it, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. The reflections in the water are somewhat believable, nothing is too weird-looking, the bushes look kinda like bushes, the grass is not too stylized. I'm happy with it. And I'll definitely try to do more of these. But how about you tell me what you think of it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment