Thursday, November 28, 2013

Devil May Cry

As I mentioned Dante in the previous post, it got me thinking about actually introducing you to one of my favourite animes. The Devil May Cry anime. Why? Well... It has Dante! I mean, sexy half demon demon hunter... What do you want more? Oh, I know! For him to be real! xD But alas, we can't have that so we have to do with just the anime and the video games.
I will not be going into the video games in this post, I'll leave that for later. This is about the anime only.

So, Dante is a demon hunter in Capulet (I think...) city. He owns the shop Devil May Cry and for money, he goes and defeats demons that swarm the earth. Then, there is Morrison, his agent who hands him jobs.
Also, Dante is always short on money, because, his friend Lady, yes, that is what she's called, always takes it from him. Well, he does owe her a huge amount... And then, there's Trish. She's a demon modeled after Dante's mother. And she can control electricity to some extent. Honestly, I don't know the full range of her powers.

Okay, so about the storyline.
It starts with Dante having to deliver a young girl – Patty Lowel – to some mansion in order for her to recieve her inheritance or something. He tries to refuse, but in the end, he does it.
They travel and are attacked by several demons. In the end, it is shown that this Patty is not the one the inheritance is for and she was only used as decoy.
Patty then starts hanging around Dante's shop and some of the scenes are quite funny.
The plotline then continues with some missions, in the second, Lady is introduced and few episodes later, it's Trish.

In total, there are twelve episodes and my favourite si ninth and sixth. The sixth episode has great music! I mean, the Rock Queen Elena Huston's song is beautiful! Then, the ninth episode has POKER! Seriously, POKER! And that says it all! I like poker very much. And the version used in the anime, it's interesting. Won't go into it, though. That would take too much time, just go and watch the episode. It's great! I promise!

Then, the last two episodes or so, there is the hell and underworld and the reason for Patty being there is finally uncovered. I again, won't go into it. This time, because I just don't remember it well enough. That part is boring anyway. I suggest you skip the last episodes. Well... probably not the first time, but if you watch it more than once, I don't think the last episodes are interesting enough.
Other than that, the anime is great! I've read some reviews saying that it's no good and so on and so forth, but still... It's DANTE!

Sure, the games are so much more interesting than the anime, and the plotline is thicker and more thought out, but still, the anime is good. I wouldn't say it is the best out there, that would be pushing it, but is certainly isn't bad.

See ya.

P.S: The pictures are from the games. Just so you can drool over them, hot sexy demons!

No comments:

Post a Comment