Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Word of Honor [2021]

 The Untamed was first, Word of Honor second. Loved it. The basic idea is completely different and yet, I could draw you several parallels. One thing is for certain. While I could name practically all of the characters in The Untamed, I can only name some from the Word of Honor. 

Anyway, Word of Honor. There are two main characters. Zhou Zishu and Wen KeXing (Zhen Yan). And yes, he was born with the name in the brackets but isn't really using it. And well, the plot is a little convoluted, but the main point is this mysterious armory. And almost everyone is trying to get the parts necessary to open it. Only, they also need a key and the key was given by KeXing to Zishu so yeah, nobody knows that. 

Also, KeXing is formerly Zishu's shidi but hey, that's not even... 

Oh, who am I kidding, just go watch it! There are just too many subplots for me to give you a proper concise summary. But, you've probably guessed by now that yes, this is BL. Or whatever passes as BL in China. 

Also, if you get mad after finishing episode 36, don't despair, there's a bonus episode, episode 37. It only has some 11 mins or something like that, but it's important, trust me. You need to watch it as well. 

Though, if you haven't watched a Chinese Wuxia drama yet, I would suggest you start with something that doesn't have as many subplots as this. Or as many names and characters you need to keep track of. Still, it's good and it was over way too soon. Thank god for fanfiction! I honestly don't know what I would do without fanfiction. Especially for this and The Untamed. I need it. I need my daily fanfic fix. :D Yeah, I'm a fanfic addict.

Anywho, go try it and then come back and share your thoughts in the comments, okay? I'll be waiting!

~AnnElfwind

Written on the 11th of August, 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment