Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Pencil Picture Vomit

 

A sketch of some rocks. This is based on a youtube tutorial I've seen. And then I made it look like they were submerged in water. Not too bad, at least it doesn't seem like that to me.
A horse sketch that I did that is based on a rough guidelines picture I saw on Pinterest. To quote myself, and the blurb I wrote on the page next to it and about it, I love how soft it looks. 
Rocks. Cliffs. I love how this one looks. Love the rough shading and sharp edges. I don't think this is based on any tutorials or videos or anything, but I'm pretty sure I was watching something art-related while drawing it.
And this one is really interesting. Mostly the fact that it is based on a youtube tutorial that looked like something from the sixties. Still, for some reason, I really like the result of it. Though, I did use some Bob Ross tips that were applied to pencil instead of oils.
A redraw of an old pic. I don't even remember where I got the idea of redrawing some of my old art, but damn, it was a great idea! I really enjoyed drawing this and when I put the pics side by side, I can really see where I have improved. Compared to this, the cloak on the old one was pretty bad. And the nose. I don't know what I was doing back then but the nose is horrible. So glad I fixed it.
Don't ask me, I don't know. Probably just some sketching practice...
But this one, if I'm not mistaken, is based on a Paul Priestley tutorial. I don't think I remember which one, but I'm pretty sure it's one of them. It's supposed to be a sunset but could be sunrise as well. Hard to tell. You choose.
I used to draw a lot of haunted houses in this style. With pen. So this one is a little different, done in pencil. But I couldn't resist using a black marker for the sky. I think it turned out pretty well, what do you think?
Last one. I don't know where I got the idea, but I wanted to draw something with a lot of contrast. So why not a light at the end of a tunnel, right? The most difficult part was the silhouette, I had to redraw that one at least four or five times before I started liking it. And I still don't think I got the left hand correct. But at that point, I was just so done with it. So there.

And that's it. That's the picture vomit.

~AnnElfwind

Written on the 16th of May, 2021










No comments:

Post a Comment