Friday, February 21, 2014

Challenge of Mangus

Another Grimrock mod finished. This one is very short. Probably even shorter than the Tower of Bones. I mean, clear time for playing was under half an hour. I'm sure of that. But that's because I ditched the stupid shop. It rearanget my items. And that was driving me crazy!

Still, it has some very interesting puzzles. Like, the tomb with the four altars. Or the room with the trapdoors. That was interesting.
However, as it was really short, I don't have much to write. Only, maybe the fact there was no boss fight. Basically, once you get through the fourth? Or was it third? Level, there is this door and stairs up. And then, there is door and a lever. And once you pull that lever, it's the end of the game. Magnus will give you your gold and you go on your merry way.
So, if I forget about the shortness of the mod, I did enjoy it. Though, I think there is too many torches. Why? Well, because if there are too many torches, the game laggs for me. I don't like too many torches. A single torch every now and then is okay, but that's because I can use the light spell. It's my favourite spell. And then the fireball, lightning bolt and lightning burst.
So, go play it. It has no goromorgs, no spiders, but there are ogres. They are quite manageable though. Seeing as there is a grate that can separate them from you.
Also the dexterity puzzles with the skeleton archers and trapdoors are interesting.
All in all, I enjoyed this mod.
So, now the quiestion is, which mod should I play next? I'm running out of good mods. And that is because all the good stuff is no steam and I don't have my Grimrock compatibile with steam. At least, I think. I should probably look into that. But that can wait. Seeing as I don't even have steam.
Still though, Steam has soo many more mods than nexus...

See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment