Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Charmed [2018]

So, I just wanted to go complain to my dad about something and he's not home. So I will rant here. I recently found the new Charmed reboot. Quite accidentally. I saw the title "Charmed" and thought that someone uploaded the old show and so I thought I would watch it again. Well, turns out that it's a new reboot. New cast, college-aged witches... Lame whitelighter. Seriously, they copied absolutely everything... Dead mother, the charmed symbol, even the powers, exactly the powers... Only, the sisters have names that start with M and are not Halliwells. 
The least the producers could have done is to not re-use the old name... Couldn't they have used some kind of a variation? So that I and many others wouldn't be misled by the name? I thought it was the old show, I didn't look at the picture, just the name... 
If they made this show without associating it with the original Charmed, it would have been kinda good, but that association ruined it. I grew up watching the original Charmed show and now, I'm comparing the new one to it and keep finding flaws and stuff that makes me cringe when I remember how it went in the original... 
Like, if you've never seen the old show, it's not too bad, you will probably even enjoy it, but I just can't. I keep ripping it apart, thinking it should happen differently...
I don't even have words for this. They messed up and I just couldn't keep quiet. That's it.
~AnnElfwind

P.S. I added pictures with similar settings from both shows. Just for comparsion.

No comments:

Post a Comment